Sunday, July 13, 2014

creative brain freeze

I am hosting a baby shower for my nephew and his wife.  I am excited about doing it as it'll let me get some new pictures for my up-and-coming business (another post!).  I am thrilled that they've decided to wait until birth to find out if it's a boy or a girl.  However, the gender neutral thing has given me quite the creative brain freeze.

I ordered paper and ink...sat down today to complete the invites and totally hated the color combo I chose!  Ugh. These need to hit the mail this week so the option of ordering another color combo isn't really an option.  I'd have to make do with what I had already and fortunately, I have a lot.

Various combination popped into my head, all quickly dismissed and then I decided that maybe, just maybe, the elephant should really be gray not coral, blue or green.  It's interesting how that decision (to make an elephant the actual color of an elephant) got my creative juices flowing again.  Cards are now done and decorations await!

What do you think are gender neutral colors?  How do you prevent being more boy than girl or vice versa?  Share you thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment